Saturday, October 2, 2010

First Impressions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHeCenAL_XA
What do you think about the guy in this video?
Maybe he was trying to show off, maybe he wasn’t.
Maybe he was forced to do a dare! And it just went all bad.
Or maybe he really didn’t like that girl and he had to discreetly take action.

A lot of inferences can be made off of a first impression. Much of the information that those inferences are based off of, are greatly influenced by what first catches our eye. Designers all over the world are able to manipulate what you perceive from a first impression. I’ve always had a heart for the great work that they do, from seeing posters and flyers, to watching commercials on TV.

This was one of my many attempts to design something that spread a message through a first impression:







With these posters, I was campaigning to become the president of ASB at my high school. I was trying to convey a feeling that I was a different person; that I would be able to bring a change to the way our school was run. I hope that I was able to bring that perception to the students while they saw these posters when they were walking past them in the hallways.

I hope that throughout my 4 years at UC Davis, I will be able to develop my skills to the point where I can get across a who/what/where/when/how sort of deal the best way possible.

Ps. I won the election!

No comments:

Post a Comment