Monday, November 1, 2010

Finding Treasure

This past weekend, I went to San Diego to visit a very special person that is dear to my heart. I flew down there on a Friday and came back to Davis late on Sunday night. While I was in the process of traveling there and back, I realized how serious everyone was at the airport! Everyone knew where he or she was going, and everyone knew where they had to be. Even though there were so many different people going in different directions, no one was crashing! It was all smooth transitioning. If there was one place on the planet where there is order, it has got to be the airport.

The way that airports are designed is like a treasure hunt if you ask me. You have a start and you have a finish, which is the reward! You have check in, and get your boarding pass (like your map) and then you have to follow the directions posted all around to reach your destination.  At the end, you are either rewarded with being in a new environment, or you got your luggage from baggage claim J treasure! That was buried in everyone else suitcases.

All the signs in the airports are so intuitive. When the designers were coming up with the symbols and icons, they had to deal with catering to the whole world! Who knew what language the next person was going to speak?

Design really is everywhere. If we did not have designers, I think I would have missed my flight!
San Diego was a beautiful place to visit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment